Three regular season games left. There is a reading between the lines here as there will be more baseball, playoff baseball, October baseball, for the Guardians.
Before we get to this last series I just wanted to say thank you to the Guardians players for making this season another special one. And thanks to the FO for the deadline deals. Might some of them blow up in our faces in years to come? Maybe. But for right now they all ahve seemed to help, at least somewhat, if not always consently.
I wanted to take a look at some of our players and say thanks individually:
Cade Smith - OMG, you have been such a rock. Your determinated yet cool composure is great
Jose Ramirez - I know this hasn't been your best season but you are still the GOAT. However, for the rest of the season just be the guy who keeps the line moving on offense and demands excellent play and leads by example with his teammates.
Daniel Schneeman - I know your playing time has evaporated but not my confidence in you. As I have said many times, 2 outs down a run in the 9th inning of a playoff game and you are the last guy on the bench. I feel confident in you coming in ang getting the job done. You have been the comsummate professional through all your offensive struggles and your defense is top notch. If I was the GM, you would have that 26th spot on our roster until you retire.
David Fry - Keep your head up. I still think the 2024 version is in there somewhere. Maybe not the all-star version of you but an important bench piece if you just find your niche as the 25th guy on the roster.
Travis Bazzana - Watching you your entire pro career I have one thing to say to you. Swing hard every time. Weak contact is no contact. I don't care if you luck into hits with weak contact. You need to impact the ball. So, swing hard, every time in every game in every situation. No hesitation in your body or your mind. Swing hard.
Brayan Rocchio - You are a ML SS. You will be an all-star in the future. But, right now, be playoff Rocchio the rest of this year. Play with the confidence on offense and defense that we all have in you as a player.
Rest of the team - Fill the roles this team has for you. You have all had your moments this year and just keep doing what you do. Players like you who have had your moments in the regular season are so much more likely to have those in the post-season. Be ready. Have those moments. Continue to help us win.
Three more games in KC and we need to win them all. The playoffs start now. Go Guards!
No comments:
Post a Comment