Monday, March 28, 2011

Rondon on the 60-day DL?

I haven't seen this mentioned anyplace but I could see us putting Rondon on the 60-day DL.  I think this also keeps us from burning an option on him this year as we never actually send him out if he is on the 60-day DL.

Just a thought and one that I can't imagine why it hasn't been mentioned previously as a way to clear roster space.

NOTE:  It's been pointed out to me that the reason this probably won't work is because players on the 40-man roster start to accrue service time once they are placed on the 15-day or 60-day DL list or the suspended list.  Thus, placing Rondon on the DL would help clear a roster spot but would move him closer to arbitration.  My guess is that they will be able to get the option back for this year because he was injured so they really won't lose an option year.  Thanks to the person who pointed this out to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment