Wednesday, March 30, 2011

60-Day DL and roster spots

I have to pat myself on the back as the Indians cleared a roster spot today by putting Goedert on the 60-day DL, starting his service clock and paying him the ML minimum....just as I predicted they would...although I picked a player they could have made a good case for actually being on the 60-day DL, Rondon.  I never thought they could get away with putting a slightly injured player on the 60-day DL although time will tell if they get away with it.  I also don't know what that means in terms of him playing in minor league games.  I mean, the 60-day DL is for seriously injured players.  If you are already playing in minor league ST games are you really that seriously injured?

But in any case, you heard it here first, people.  And it came to pass, much to the dismay of certain people.  Heck, they don't read this site anyway so what difference does it make.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment