Monday, May 28, 2018

A brief detour into basketball

Cavs fans and Cleveland Cavaliers,

Congratulations!   Enjoy this moment.   I love what LeBron James brings to basketball.  He has rekindled my interest in the NBA.  I use him all the time as a role model to my kids as he expects excellence of himself and those around him but doesn't throw his teammates under the bus.  He carries his team on his back when needed and doesn't whine about having to do that.  He embraces the moment.

I hope his stay in Cleveland ends with another championship.  I do think he will leave after this year and, when he does, unless he stays in the Eastern Conference that division should belong to the Boston Celtics for years to come.  And I truly think LeBron leaving will be good for the Cavaliers if they embrace it, understand what it means, and understand how to move on productively from the end of the LeBron era part deux.

As far as the Cavaliers, they will then have two choices: become a perennial playoff team (7 or 8 seed) with little to no chance of getting to the Finals for the next few years or do a complete rebuild, trading or selling every player who has significant value for future stars and draft picks.  Short term pain for long term gain.  Hey, it's not like Cavs fans are used to winning in the regular season anyway.  I am always about rebuilding instead of trying to reload.  The ladder tends to be expensive and tends not to work well.

Now back to baseball.   Bring on the tandem starters.  BTW, I think there are still free agent starting pitchers out there who we should be signing to minor league deals to incorporate them into the tandem starter plan.  

No comments:

Post a Comment