Thursday, August 12, 2021

Mama said there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this my mama said

 OK, not much positive to say when you are getting thumped like this.  Still, some things to think about:

1. Owen Miller just sucks.   I mean, the guy just sucks.   I think many fans are incredulous that a guy who hit like Miller did in spring training and, upon not making the team, still hit in Columbus...and with his history of hitting in the minor leagues...can suck this bad.  The best way I can describe it is that I would rather have Jake Bauers at 1B right now.   That says it all.

2. Andres Gimenez.   You would guess he would be chomping at the bit coming back up after having to spend half the season in Columbus.   But no.   He made two incredibly crap plays today, making a fake dive on Olson's fourty-five hopper up the middle and then not fielding Kemp's grounder to second.   The guy is a freakin' SS.  Make some plays.  You look like you should be staring in "Major League - The Bad Years" instead of playing in the real major leagues.   He appears to have a really poor attitude right now, like he really doesn't want to be in Cleveland.   Now this is just my opinion but it looks to me like he is pissed that he is at 2B and Rosario is still at SS.   So a kid who is part of our future is playing like s**t instead of taking this opportunity and running with it.   This just really ticks me off.   Maybe I am totally wrong but it looks to me like he doesn't give a crap about playing hard or playing well.   Normally these things are handled internally in the locker room.   So, veterans, let's handle this situation because this kid doesn't look like he really wants to play in the majors right now.

3. Francisco Perez.  Could a ML debut have gone any worse?   Frankly, the guy looks like he doesn't have a single thing that would make him a ML pitcher.   Now, it is only one outing but, damn, I expected some spark from him when he came in but he just poured gasoline onto the fire.  

Hey, sometimes you have bad days.   I mean look at Jose and Franmil today.   Nothing.  But at least I know these guys try and they care and they have a history of performance.   These other guys, they need to figure it out because their lack of performance and, in some cases, lack of effort, is really ticking me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment