1. Matt Barnes, RHP, Connecticutt - I had to go safe with this pick. He's not Lindor but he's good (13)
2. Daniel Norris, LHP, Tennessee HS - OK, more of a flyer than Dillon Howard but more of a talent. If I get that second round pick back next year, I want to do so by missing out on Norris.(16)
3. B.A. Vollmuth, 3B/SS Southern Mississippi (63) - wanted to inject some college hitting
4. Noe Ramirz, RHP, Cal State Fullerton (93) - Solid starting pitcher who performs
5. Matt Price, RH Closer, Georgia Tech (141) - College closer I have been wanting
6. Derek Fisher, OF, PA HS (66) - I wanted to inject some athleticism into my draft
7. Cody Kukuk, LHP, Kansas HS (154) - OK, at some point I will be burned here but, with Fisher and Norris, Kukuk makes my third way over slot bonus guy and that's all that I want here.
8. Kyle Winkler, RHP, Texas (43) - Here's my annual hurt pitcher. Sign him and rehibilitate him.
9. Dusty Robinson, OF, Fresno State (115) - Good value at this point and more athleticism for this draft
10. Nick Rickles, C, Stetson (194) - We need some catching in this draft
11. Ben Alsup, RHP, LSU - My first college senior
12. Mike McGee, OF, Florida State - My second college senior
13. Zach McPhee, 2B, Arizona State - The first time the Indians' pick and my pick have matched
14. Chad Zurcher, 2B, Memphis - Leading hitter in NCAA division I, let's give this college senior a shot
15. Jeff Schaus, OF, LSU - A college senior re-draft for the Indians
16. Carlos Rodon, LHP, NC HS (198) - Insert another flyer or backup pick if Norris doesn't sign
17. Matt Stites, RHP, Missouri - A short RH relief college senior but with good stuff
18. Andrew Triggs, RHP, USC - Another re-draft but a guy I like especially this low
19. Pete Lavin, OF, San Francisco - Another solid college senior guy
20. Dillon Peters, LHP, IN HS (104) - My second pick in agreement with the Indians and my last flyer in my post draft mock draft.
So, there you have it. In 20 rounds I picked 12 BA top 200 guys, one college junior and 7 college seniros. I have 12 pitchers, 1 catcher, 5 outfielders and only 3 infielders.
Thus, in the next 30 rounds I need to draft some organizational depth at catcher and infielder and, of course, you can never have too many pitchers. So, let's say that we draft the way the Indians do the rest of the draft and use their picks for rounds 21-50. So there you have my mock draft.
|21||638||Cody Elliott||OF||Ball State||Ind.|
|23||698||Cody Allen||RHP||High Point||N.C.|
|24||728||Taylor Sparks (131)||3B||St. John Bosco HS, Bellflower, Calif.||Calif.|
|25||758||Kevin Kramer||SS||Turlock (Calif.) HS||Calif.|
|26||788||Austin Diemer||OF||Rocklin (Calif.) HS||Calif.|
|27||818||Evan Frazar||SS||Galveston (Texas) JC||Texas|
|28||848||Tyler Nurdin||LHP||Temple (Texas) JC||Texas|
|29||878||Jared Ruxer||RHP||Lawrence Central HS, Indianapolis||Ind.|
|30||908||John Polonius||SS||Genesee (N.Y.) CC||N.Y.|
|31||938||Michael Roth||LHP||South Carolina||S.C.|
|32||968||Cole Pitts||RHP||Colquitt County HS, Moultrie, Ga.||Ga.|
|33||998||Jack Wagoner||RHP||Florida Gulf Coast||Fla.|
|35||1058||Mason Radeke||RHP||Cal Poly||Calif.|
|36||1088||Abel Guerrero||LHP||Galveston (N.Y.) JC||N.Y.|
|37||1118||Taylor Starr||RHP||Oregon State||Ore.|
|38||1148||Yhoxian Medina||SS||Southeastern (Iowa) CC||Iowa|
|40||1208||Matt Eureste||SS||St. Pius X HS, Houston||Texas|
|41||1238||Brian Rulz||OF||Lincoln West HS, Cleveland||Ohio|
|44||1328||Adam Griffin||RHP||Forsyth Country Day HS, Lewisville, N.C.||N.C.|
|45||1358||Will Jamison||OF||Evangelical Christian HS, Cordova, Tenn.||Tenn.|
|46||1388||Robert Nixon||RHP||Adelphi (N.Y.)||N.Y.|
|47||1418||Corey Embree||OF||Moberly (Mo.) HS||Mo.|
|48||1448||Blaine O'Brien||RHP||Keystone (Pa.)||Pa.|
|49||1478||Brian Hansen||OF||St. Cloud State (Minn.)||Minn.|
|50||1508||Tyler Baker||C||Shawnee Heights HS, Tecumseh, Kan.||Kan|
Let's put this in the time vault and look at it again in 3 years.