Baseball America came out with their top 10 Indians' prospects. I can't wait for my Prospect Handbook to arrive. It will be my 11th in a row.
BA's top 10 Indians' list is:
4. Chen Lee
5. Luigi Rodriguez
6. Zach McAllister
7. Tony Wolters
8. Austin Adams
9. Scott Barnes
10. Zach Putnam
Here is my top 10 and where I ranked any guys in BA's list with comments about my higher and lower ranking of some guys:
4. Felix Sterling - I see him as breaking out this year
5. Elvis Araujo - Interesting that Araujo was the highest rated prospect on the Indians Arizona Summer League team but didn't make the top 10.
6. Dorsys Paulino - We haven't seen much of this guy but the snippets from the instructional league are impressive. In a system this week I took a flyer on a breakout prospect.
7. Chun Chen - He hits. I think his upside is higher than #4-5 starters like Barnes and McAllister
8. Chen Lee
9. Alexander Perez
10. Hector Rondon
13. Scott Barnes
14. Zach McAllister
15. Dillon Howard - His control scares the heck out of me. He could end up rookie ball for years if he can't control and command his pitches. No way I rate him #3 at this point. Maybe on upside but not on the chance he will reach that upside. I'll be more conservative than BA on this one.
17. Zach Putnam - I rated him just behind Josh Judy. That should tell you something right there.
20. Austin Adams - He has the highest upside of any pitcher in the system right now.
22. Luigi Rodriguez - I am not sold on guys who hit in the Arizona Summer League. I like him but his lower rating by me is hedging on his crash and burn potential that goes along with his high upside.