Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Thankful that I am a Cleveland fan

Hey, I grew up in the Cleveland area and have been a Cleveland sports fan my entire life.  I 'fly the colors' wearing my Indians stuff.   I am not afraid to tell people I am a Cleveland sports fan and I bristle every time I see any mention of 'the mistake on the lake'. 

Why do I say this now?

Because this is probably the golden age (if one year can define an age) of Cleveland sports.   The Cavs and Indians have provided us thrills and championships this year and Ohio State looks like it is going back to the football playoffs after beating that team up north (always a thrill in and of itself).  The minor league hockey team won a championship and even the Browns are working on a perfect season (tongue firmly in cheek) and are providing us with some nostalgia, taking us back to a time when the big excitement for a Cleveland fan was when their team approached earning the top pick in next year's draft!

So, let's be happy, fellow Clevelanders.   This age may last a couple of minutes, a couple of years or a decade or may be snuffed out by a solar flare.  Who can tell.  Let's just sit back and watch and enjoy.   Now it isn't "wait 'til next year" it is "I can't wait 'til next year!"

No comments:

Post a Comment