Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Kluber being traded

I have heard all the Kluber rumors and, to me, it all comes down to this.   We need an outfielder (preferably a right fielder), we need a third or second baseman and we need bullpen help.

Most of that help should come in the form of younger players under our control.

Of the teams I have heard about being interested in Kluber the only one that makes sense for me is the Reds.

As I said previously, I would like Yasiel Puig, Nick Senzel, Herget, Santillan and Lopez for Kluber and Kipnis.

Obviously the Reds would like us to take on Matt Kemp's residual salary which matches Kipnis' salary nicely as, at this point in their careers, I think Puig is much more valuable than Kemp.

I could go for that.  I would ask to include Blake Trahan and give back Max Moroff.  Just a feeling but I don't believe Morofff would ever play in Cleveland but I think Trahan might.  

In any case, I know that is a lot to ask from the Reds but I don't think they would really want Kemp and they really want Kluber so I think it is the kind of trade the Indians would like and the Reds could stomach to get Kluber.    

No comments:

Post a Comment