Saturday, April 20, 2019

Bauer

Another strong outing by Bauer tonight.

But really, Terry?   120 pitches?   In a game that you were leading 7-1?   I know Bauer is a smart guy but I don't think physical limitations can be outsmarted.   I would have taken him out after 5 innings (97 pitches).   I would have taken him out after 6 innings (110 pitches).   Leaving him in for the 7th was just not excusable.

And why was Bauer charged with the second run?   He left Markakis on base but he was erased on a force out, meaning the running on base SHOULD have belonged to Otero.   Is there a baseball rule I don't know about that still would have made Camargo the responsibility of Bauer?

Braves just put the first runner on off of Neil Ramirez.   I'll say this now.   The Indians better not sleep through the end of this game because the Braves are more than capable of coming back.

I don't like Tito's managing in this game, at all.   He should have had Lindor bunting last inning with runners on first and second and no outs.   Instead, he hits into a double play.

No comments:

Post a Comment