Wednesday, July 31, 2019

It's the morning after, here are some more thoughts

Great trade by the Indians.

As far as more trades I would still love to get Gyorko and Addrubal Cabrera.   Howeer, looking at the way the Indians lineup stacks up, here is what I think we have:

DH-  Reyes
C- Perez, Plaicki
1B - Santana, Bauers
2B - Kipnis
SS - Lindor
3B - Ramirez
LF - Naquin/Luplow
CF- Mercado, Allen
RF - Puig
Utility IF - Freeman

Right now I can only see two weaknesses:

  • Santana full time at 1B as this might wear him down and make him more susceptible to injury.
  • Utility infielder

Cabrera and Gyorko would be a luxury and, looking at the above lineup I would want someone who could replace Freeman and play some SS if necessary.   Now that I see the lineup and get that Reyes will probably be the DH,  and that Luplow and Naquin form a great two-headed monster, I can't see how I could give up Naquin or Luplow.   So I am left with Bauers.   That would get us Gyorko (along with Elledge) but I don't know how to get Cabrera and Gyorko.   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment