Saturday, July 20, 2019

Thoughts for July 20th

Indians-Twins

This is a marathon and anything can happen but things are starting to break the Indians' way.   I still think Jose Ramirez has more in the tank to give us as he is still hitting a lot of line drives at people. But it makes each game exciting to watch....and it makes scoreboard watching fun.

Trading Trevor Bauer

I have to admit trading Bauer right now would be a huge risk...but like others it is a risk I would take.  So here are two trade proposals I think have merit:

Trevor Bauer and Jake Bauers to San Diego for Hunter Renfro, Luis Patino and Luis Capusano

or

Trevor Bauer to Yankees,  Whit Merrifield and Nick Nelson to Indians, Clint Frazier, Michael King and Argenis Angulo to Kansas City.

The goal is to be competitive now and in the future and these trades help us with both.   Realize that Renfro is not a world beater hitting only .236 against righties this year but he does have power.  

Indians 2019 Draftee hitter watch

I know I have been tracking this in a negative way because I don't like their draft this year but here it goes anyway:

Yordys Valdes  17-80, 1 2B, 10 BB 10 SB
Christian Cairo 12-67, 1 3B, 10 BB, 4 SB
Joe Naranjo 17-75, 1 2B, 10 BB, 0 SB
Will Bartlett 12-67, 5 2B, 11 BB, 1 SB
Jordan Brown 4-41, 2 2B, 12 BB, 2 SB

So, for all those picks in the first round we have, so far, 62-330 with 9 2B, 1 3B, O HR, 53 BB and 17 SB, 92 K.

I know its early but, as I have said before, these are historically bad numbers for Indians HS hitter draftees in the first 10 rounds of the draft.


1 comment:

  1. I really don't like either of your trade proposals because I don't think we are getting equal value back I would rather have something like Clint Frazier. Luis Cessa and a young pitcher from the yankees.

    ReplyDelete