Thursday, July 22, 2021

Thomas Harrigan - You are an idiot!

 I always tell myself to just let these idiots go when they propose their 'homer' trades designed to steal good players from the Indians and not give much back.

But, after tonight's frustrating loss to Tampa Bay, I need to vent a little.

Jose Ramirez and Bradly Zimmer for Gleyber Torres, Luis Gil and Kevin Alcantara

What a piece of crap.

Well, Mr. Harrigan, you are an idiot.   To post trash like this on MLB.com is almost criminal.  So let me tell you what the Indians should do.  To be clear, I don't advocate trading Ramirez and I especially don't advocate giving him away the way you described in your article.  But if I was the GM and the owner told me I must trade him I would, in order:

(1) Laugh at this 'offer' from the Yankees.   Torres sucked last year and he sucks this year, as well.  He is having a bad season and most Yankees fans would be OK with dumping him.  BTW. are you aware we have not one but two ML caliber SS right now and 1/3 of the top prospects in our farm system are middle infielders?  Torres is not a fit for our team.   Gil, at the beginning of the season, was listed by Baseball America as the 40th best RH pitching prospect in baseball.  Triston McKenzie was #5.  Alcantara is a second tier prospect in a Yankees farm system that is clearly a second tier farm system.   By definition, the guy is a fungible asset.  Not anything special.   A throw-in on this deal.   Plus, we give the Yankees Zimmer because, well, they need Zimmer and we have to throw in a seasoned major leaguer just for you to take Ramirez off the Indians' hands.

Sir, you are an idiot of the nth degree.  So, since you obviously don't know crap about baseball, let me enlighten you on a fair trade:

Ramirez and Zimmer (two guys you need now) for Jasson Dominguez, Clarke Schmidt, Luis Gil, Estevan Florial and Austin Wells (none of which will help you this year, and maybe not next year).  Schmidt is hurt this year, Wells is a professional rookie, Dominguez is so far away from the majors that Jose Ramirez's contract with you will expire before the Dominguez gets his first cup of coffee.  We have already talked about the comparison between Triston McKenzie and Gil.  Do the Yankees give up a lot of talent here?  Sure they do.  But we are talking about the Yankees here.   If they need a ML player they just go out and buy one in free agency.  So prospects for the Yankees don't mean as much as prospects for a small market team like Cleveland.  Plus, you are getting a perennial MVP candidate with 2+ years of VERY reasonable salary control.   That should cost you a small fortune, right?  I know you would ask for that if the Yankees were trading a superstar like Ramirez.

(2) If the Yankees don't accept the above offer AND I AM FORCED TO TRADE RAMIREZ, I trade him to the highest bidder.  Let's hope the Indians GM is not forced into that.

(3) If your beloved Yankees don't like the above deal and we have to trade Ramirez and get what we can for him and we can't better the 'deal' your proposed trade then my thought is, I take the best offer I can get from the Mets and let the fans and media in your precious New York chew you a new one when the Yankees are crushed by the Indians trading Ramirez, Lindor and Carrasco to their crosstown rivals.

Yes, it was a frustrating loss tonight but I feel a little better now dusting off a hack like you.  Get off the real media like MLB.com and write your own blog.  And to those of you who picked up this story and forwarded it, shame on you.   You may not be Indians fans but I hope you now can see how insulting it is to Cleveland baseball fans to perpetuate a joke of a proposal like Mr. Harrigan proposed.

No comments:

Post a Comment