Sunday, August 27, 2023

Sunday Night Instant Thoughts: Guards win!....I win!

 OK, a short one here.  

Guards win!  Guards win!  Guards win!

Wonderful comeback and showing a lot of guts today in the win (game, series, season series) over Toronto.  But, lke everything else this season, it seems like every time something really good happens it is accompanied by something (or two) this is bad.  So, in a frustrating event today, while we had a great comeback so did Minnesota and we weren't able to gain ground on the Twins.   I know, I know, the season is really over but I will fight until we are officially eliminated thinking we have a chance to get within 4 games by Labor Day and then have a miraculous September and steal the division at the end of the year and get back to the playoffs with an 84-78 record.    Pipedream?  Yeah, but a die hard fan can hope, right.  So just when I though we would gain a game we had that exhilaration snatched out of our hands and ended the day treading water.  Still, good comeback and way to go Guards.

I win!  I win!  I win!

If you remember I posted (Cleveland Guardians Perspective: Noah Syndergaard - What's The Over/Under (ciperspective.blogspot.com)) that I thought the over/under for Syndergaard being DFA'd was September 1st and I was taking the under?  Well, I was right.  Yeah, me!

So, after winning, why do I feel so angry?  Well, it's because the FO made another stupid move.  Unless someone is more stupid than us (see picking up Laureano's remaining salary by claiming him off waivers when we had already given up on the season) we will be eating Syndergaard's significant salary the rest of the year AND GET NOTHING FOR IT!!!!!!!

BTW, Rosario is slashing .282/.463/.744 for LA.  Looks like a good deal for the Dodgers.  They dump their trash and we pay for it with Rosario...and our cash.   Perfect.  Congratulations, Antonetti, you screwed up again.  You are becoming the laughing stock of baseball and other GMs are lining up to trade with you as you haven't made a good trade since the Clevinger trade and, except for the Lindor trade, the Straw trade and the Fry trade, you haven't even made a trade where you didn't get robbed!

No comments:

Post a Comment