Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Random thoughts for a Tuesday

 Do you realize that Yainer Diaz, whose stock actually went UP significantly after he was traded, was not protected by the Astros and is eligible for the Rule 5 draft?  He wouldn't have made the cut here, either, but according to mlb.com he is the Astros #13 prospect.   More on this stuff later when I do a complete analysis of all the players eligible for the Rule 5 draft.

From Baker Mayfield:  'Hey, you people in the stands.   Could you shut up, please.   I am trying to work here!"

I saw a retweet of a Myles Straw tweet saying he now on Cameo and inviting fans to connect with him for "shoutouts, birthdays, holidays, even some baseball advice if you want.  Hit me up and let's have some fun with this"  Cameo is a subscription service where, for a fee, you can connect with celebrities.   Now I like to give people the benefit of the doubt but I hope that Mr. Straw is not trying to make a little extra coin by getting fans to pay for the right to interact with him.   

Clint Frazier was placed on release waivers today by the Yankees. Remember that we traded Frazier, Justus Sheffeld, JP Feyereisen and Ben Heller for Andrew Miller.   I was pretty confident we would rue that trade down the road after Miller was gone.   Not so much.   Probably the best player out of that trade so far was JP Feyereisen and he is a middle reliever/setup man.  Go figure!

Early betting lines for the Browns-Raven game on Sunday:

Over: Ravens

Under: Browns

Spread: The difference between how good Baker Mayfield's wife thinks he is and how good he really is.

Stefanski's first statement in the post-game press conference after a 56-7 pounding - "I know this looked bad but we will fix this."

The Cavs had just enough to make noise in the NBA this year.  But the loss of Sexson shows that how teams without experienced superstar rosters are just one injury away from not having enough horses to compete.   Don't get me wrong.  I love the direction the Cavs are going.   If they had LeBron I think they could compete for the East this year.   I think they are that close to being an elite team.   It's just a shame that the loss of one player on a team that is very young and needs to stay that way is actually as impactful as it is, especially since Sexson is not a superstar but just a very good player.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment