Sunday, August 28, 2022

Brutal honesty

 I was really hoping that Owen Miller would get to 30 doubles and get his average back to .260 and not make any more defensive gaffes so we could trade him and Ernie Clement for a competitive balance pick right after the World Series.    I was even dreaming on getting 2022 draftees Jud Fabian and Silas Ardoin for Miller and Clement.   

While I am not blaming Miller the way the announcers are (I am pretty sure Manning has been done with Miller for some time) I am thinking that if you make mistakes you ought to be able to pick it up on offense.

Miller isn't terrible, in my opinion, but it just seems like he is not advancing at all at this point and he is not making any plays, offense or defense, that we could use him to make.   He is looking more and more like Mercado/Chang/Zimmer etc.

So, let's hope for some production from Miller but I am afraid they will send him down which will keep him from getting hot and certainly tank his trade value so much that we will have to DFA him to get him off the roster to clear a space for one of our Rule 5-eligible prospects.

Kind of a shame but he was always just kind of a middling prospect who we hoped would be better.  Maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment