Tuesday, January 31, 2023

John, it will never be the same without you!

 Just taking a second to send my condolences to the family and friends of Cleveland baseball's most famous drummer, John Adams.    I don't know of ANYONE who has had a more lasting impact on Cleveland baseball than Mr. Adams.  Pounding on that drum, trying to fire up/rally Cleveland to win another game, being the lifelong fan that he was, putting his fandom on display every home game for like 50 years!

I can't speak for others but it is more than I or anyone I know has done.   

I wasn't going to write anything about this.  It was well reported and opined on by others more in the limelight.  My thoughts to him and his family could have been silent and yet just as sincere as this post.

But I wanted my readers, and maybe John looking down on us still on this earth, to know that what he did to maintain baseball enthusiasm in Cleveland will likely not be forgotten for a long, long time.

I will end with that because there is nothing more a guy like me to say to a guy like him but, once again, thanks for everything you did for the team I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment