Sunday, July 8, 2012

Ah, the Futures Game

Lindor gets a dribbler through the infield, Aguilar draws a tough walk off Gerrit Cole and then goes 1-3 with two outs where he just misses a HR on balls hit pretty deep to the OF. 

Of course, the thoughts dancing in my head were of James Tallion, Jurickson Profar, Gerrit Cole, Nick Castellanos, Mike Olt, and others.

Why those guys?  Because they are prospects for teams likely to be buyers at or before the trade deadline.

Why should I be thinking about their prospects?  Because the Indians should always be thinking about being sellers at the deadline. 

Right now I would take Tallion for Ubaldo Jimenez and Joe Smith. 

I would take Castellano for Chris Perez 

I would take Olt for Choo and Profar for whatever veteran the Rangers want except for Cabrera.

Yeah, these are pipedreams but a guy can dream, can't he?  I mean, no way Ubaldo Jimenez could bring Colorado not one but two highly rated first round draft picks, but he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment