Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Do St. Louis Cardinals make sense for Kluber trade

It appears that Jose Martinez who has played 1B, LF and RF for the Cardinals may be available with their acquisition of Paul Goldschmidt.

Living in St. Louis gives me a little perspective and I am not a huge Jose Martinez fan, truth be told, as I don't like his basic numbers that much and he is an older guy (31) even though his ML experience is limited (1+ years).  However, he is an upgrade to what we have and is controllable and there is no full-time position for him right now in St. Louis.

I doubt if the Cardinals would go for this but I could see us making the following trade:

Kluber, Kipnis and $5 million for Martinez, Dakota Hudson, Ryan Helsley and Kolten Wong

Helsley may be a little too much to ask for in this trade but that is where I would start and if I had to throw in another minor leaguer I could see us giving up Dalbert Siri.

Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment