Sunday, May 23, 2021

Management still with heads up their butts

 While I am happy that Owen Miller gets his shot the only reason this is happening is because we lost Franmil Reyes to the IL.

Overall impact on the offense: WORSE

Now I love that Miller is getting a shot, don't get me wrong.

However, there were so many other rosters moves that SHOULD have been made that will actually help the offense:

Bradley up and Bauers down - How anyone can think that Bauers is a positive on this team is beyond me.  If your team is so pathetic that it needs Bauers' defense and weak hitting then you are screwed.   Hey, I give Tito and Antonneti and Chernoff credit.   They have kept this ship floating for years while other teams were abandoning ship for a deep rebuild.  But this team needs offense.   Bradley's is kicking into gear.  

Lavarnway up and Rivera down - Hey, I get that Plesac is pitching so you want your catcher with the most experience catching Plesac in the lineup today.   Maybe Lavarnway gets called up for Hentges' start tomorrow?   But Rivera can't even catch the ball, dropping multiple pitches BESIDES his two passed balls.   Lavarnway has 5 HRs in less than a month.  He can hit and, has a little 1B in hia past, although not for years.  There is no reason NOT to make this move.

Zimmer up - With DFAing Bauers there is a roster spot.   You know, I have been watching Zimmer this entire spring and in Columbus and I have to say I don't get it.   He seems like a very good CFer to me and I think he would have easily made the catch that Harold Ramirez missed yesterday.   As a matter of fact I think he makes a bunch of plays that have been messed up by our CFers so far and doesn't product at a worse rate than those guys.

I just don't get it.   We make one move and it doesn't help the offense.   I don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment