Saturday, May 8, 2021

Thoughts before the games start on Saturday

 1. Logan Allen, The Elder, is a mess.   He has to be injured because no one falls off a cliff like this.   Let's hope whatever is wrong with him gets fixed and we can all, once again, see the guy who pitched in spring training and his first two starts of the regular season.

2. Scott Moss, Logan Allen The Junior, Josh Wolf, Tanner Burns, among others, looked good in their first outings.  Burns, especially to me, looked sharp.  Hope Joey Cantillo is not out long.  Makes me want to waste my late afternoons and evenings tuning into minor league baseball.

3. Looking forward to the Eli Morgan start tonight.   Love Owen Miller, Tyler Freeman.   Lynchburg is fun to watch so far.   Outscoring their opponent 50-10 so far is amazing, even in the minors.  

4. I bet when you were wondering when I would talk about the no-hitter last night.   Well, here goes

    a. Getting no-hit and losing 3-0 is better than getting no-hit and losing 10-0.   

    b. Plesac pitched a very gritty and successful game.  

    c. We have guys, like Luplow, who are supposed to hit lefthanders.   So far, not so much.  

    d. Bobby Bradly hit his first HR last night.   It was a bomb.   We'll see what Jake Bauer has for us tonight.

    e. I can't see, based on his ST and early season performance why Lavarnway was not called up instead of Rivera.   I know Rivera had 3 hits but I thought Lavarnway deserved first chance after his ST this year.

5. I love minor league baseball.   Think I am going to go now and catch me some!

No comments:

Post a Comment