Saturday, July 2, 2016

The Replay

I know you've heard this over and over again by now.   The Indians got robbed today!   No way was there enough evidence to overturn the out call at the plate.  It turned a tie into a 3 run lead for Toronto.

"The Replay"

Here's the thing, though.  This is not the Cleveland of 3 weeks ago.  The Cleveland that had a "The ____" for every heartbreak loss in every sport.

Yes, today's game could have and probably should have gone a different direction, maybe ending in the Indians' 15th win in a row.

But it didn't.

And you know, it just doesn't seem as devastating.   It doesn't seem like luck is against us.  As a matter of fact, it seems almost incidental.  I wasn't as upset as I thought I would be, as a would have been a month ago.  I guess that's what the Cavs and the winning streak did to me.

We'll get them tomorrow and, if not, we'll get them the day after that.  No bad replay decision is going to change the course of this season.

p.s. If MLB does not change the scoring decision that cost our rookie left hander his 0.00 ERA they have doubled the idiocy of the replay decision.  

No comments:

Post a Comment